Last updated on 24.05.2018.
Our website, located at https://www.sunspeed.co.uk is operated by Sunspeed Transport Services Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 3629435 and has its registered office Sunspeed House, 18 Hercules Way, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6UU.(we, us, our). We are a private limited company.
This privacy notice provides information on how we, Sunspeed Transport Services Limited (hereon referred to as “Sunspeed”) will collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide our core solutions and services.
Why does Sunspeed need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and fulfilling our service offerings which includes Project Management, Server Relocation, IT Cabling, IT Asset Disposal and all of our other associated services which you can view here. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. All data that Sunspeed stores, is held in England.
The data categories we collect are:
name, contact details, and your indications of interest in our services and any notes you may supply as part of the “Get A Quote” forms, from our website.
Our processes, purposes, and legal bases for processing your personal data are:
[where: C=Consent, X=Contract, S=Statutory obligation, V=Vital, P=Public, L=Legitimate interests]
- to permit you to register interest in IT Migration or other services/solutions offered by Sunspeed (C)
- for us to consider whether you are appropriate for such services as and when they emerge (L)
- to contact you to invite you to apply for further information on these or related services we may provide, and arrange related meetings (X)
- for us to arrange and manage any resulting contracts including financial discussions (X)
- for us to retain copies of the communications between us (L)
- for us to comply with statutory obligations (e.g. GDPR, accounting, taxation) (S)
Will Sunspeed share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to carefully selected and vetted third party service providers contracted to Sunspeed in the course of dealing with you and your requirements. We will never sell your personal data, and we will never pass your personal data onto any third-parties that have no direct link in assisting Sunspeed to provide part of our service to you.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf, which includes the following:
- Migration & Other Supporting Services
- Consultancy services
- Accountancy & Customs Clearance
- Legalities (e.g. terms and conditions)
- Insurance compliance
- Worldwide shipping and logistics
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Sunspeed’s data security procedures. If we need to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, via you having to formally “opt in”, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.As Sunspeed operate globally, we may share your details with partners outside of the EEA but only to partners that operate to Sunspeed’s privacy standard.
How will Sunspeed use the personal data it collects about me?
Sunspeed will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Sunspeed is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Sunspeed contact me?
Our Business has a sales function where we will use tools such as LinkedIn and Networking events to further our business. Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions, we will always look for your consent. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.We may wish to send you marketing information about Sunspeed and the services we provide, however, we will only do this with your consent and will ask you to opt-in to receive this.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
At your request, Sunspeed can confirm and provide what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
If Sunspeed does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Sunspeed or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Our Address as the Data Controller is:
- Sunspeed House, 18 Hercules Way, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6UU
- Any enquires regarding your personal data or Sunspeed’s GDPR compliance procedures can be emailed to [email protected]